- Full NameWhoopi Goldberg
- Birth NameCaryn Elaine Johnson
- Date of BirthNovember 13, 1955
- Birth CountryNew York, USA
- Star SignScorpio
- ProfessionAmerican actress, comedian, author, and television personality
- Height5' 5" (1.65 m)
- Eye ColorDark Brown
- Hair ColorBlack (Natural)
- SpouseLyle Trachtenberg(1 October 1994 - 1995), David Claessen (1 September 1986 - 1988) and Alvin Martin (1973 - 1979)
- Married DateLyle Trachtenberg(1 October 1994 - 1995), David Claessen (1 September 1986 - 1988) and Alvin Martin (1973 - 1979)
- ChildrenAlexandrea Martin
- FatherRobert James Johnson Jr.
- MotherEmma Johnson
- TV ShowThe View
- MoviesOriginal Broadway Recording, The Color Purple, Fontaine: Why Am I Straight?, The Long Walk Home, Sarafina, Sister Act—Soundtrack, Sister Act 2, Back in the Habit—Soundtrack, Corrina Corrina, Call Me Claus, Live on Broadway, etc
- EducationNew York University’s Tisch School of the Arts
- Siblings Clyde Johnson
- SchoolSt. Columba’s Catholic School
- AwardEmmy Award, Grammy Award, Academy Award, and Tony Award.
- Instagram Link
- Twitter Link
- Facebook Link
- Wikipedia Link
- Youtube Link
- IMDB Link
- Date of Birth //
Whoopi Goldberg was born on November 13, 1955, in the Chelsea section of Manhattan. Goldberg is best known as an American actress, comedian, and television personality.
Despite that, she is also an author, singer-songwriter, and political activist. To grab all the detail about her like wiki, net worth, family, early life, and many more, then keep on reading.
Net-worth of Whoopi Goldberg
As per celebrity net worth, Goldberg has a net worth of $60 million. Her annual salary on The View is $8 million per year.
In 2001, Whoopi joined the talk show The View as a moderator and co-host. She replaced Rosie O’Donnell. Critics had an amazing review of the program. Her debut catapulted 3.4 million viewers and there was a 7 percent increment in the viewership.
Unlike other actors, The View talk host has multiple sources of income. She has written lots of children’s and non-fiction books. She worked as a newsletter editor. Comedian actress Whoopi has performed on the stage. The actress is an entrepreneur.
You may like to know: Jessica Biel’s Net-worth, Career, Relationship Status, and many more
During her peak, the actress earned around $1-1.5 million dollar. Not to forget, she also has done a few endorsements for companies like T-Mobile & Slim Fast which has increased her net worth. The enormous net worth has adorned her to live a comfortable life worth $4 million home in New York with all modern services.
House and Cars
In 2009, Goldberg had bought a house for 2.6 million dollars in LA’s Pacific Palisades neighborhood. The View host also has a gorgeous apartment in Manhattan which she sold for 3 million dollars in 2010. She sold the house for 9 million dollars in 2018 which she bought in 1993.
Whoopi Goldberg’s former LA Home
Source- Town and country magazine
Goldberg currently is residing in a large estate in West Orange, New Jersey which she bought in 2009 for just under $3 million. In 2015, she sold a home in Berkeley for $2.05 million. The Ghost actress owns a home in Victorian Style Home in Berkeley also a 745-acre farm in Vermont.
Before suffering from pneumonia and sepsis, she used to drive luxury cars like a Cadillac and black color Volkswagen Beetle. Now as per the doctor’s advice, she flies around the world in hired private jets like Cessna & Gulfstream.
The Color Purple actress is known as one of the few entertainers who have won a Grammy, Oscar, Emmy, and Tony award (EGOT). In 2001, Whoopi won the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. The actress Whoopi received a Tony Award for her work as a producer of Broadway musical Thoroughly Modern Millie in 2002.
Whoopi receiving the award
Source- Showbizz Cheat Sheet
The comedian actress also has won three People’s Choice Awards. The movie went on to earn 10 academy awards and 5 Golden Globe nominations. She also drew the attention of lots of audiences with “The Spook Show”.
- Goldberg was married three times and was once addicted to drugs. After starring in the movie, The Color Purple, she was critically acclaimed, nominated for an oscar, and listed as the major star.
- The talented actress is involved in a lot of charitable activities & passionately supports equal rights for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people (LGBT).
- The actress has worked for many philanthropic organizations like Comic Relief, Elevate New York Cares, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Hope Foundation, Society for Animal Protective Legislation & Peace Over Violence. These contributions have elevated her charisma and her net worth. Source- bornrich.com
To learn more about Celebrity Wives, follow NetWorthFacts.